Friday, June 25, 2010

Preaching Every Weekend

I started working at Kentucky Christian University seven years ago, in
the summer of 2003. I started preaching shortly afterwards.

Over the past 6.5 years, I have probably preached every Sunday with
only about a dozen exceptions. But I've been preaching at churches
some distance from our home, and my wife & kids have been going to
church here.

I'm tired of not being in church with Beth & the kids. I'm tired of
preaching every Sunday without getting fed myself. The only teaching I
receive is in chapel @ KCU; if it wasn't for some of the great
preaching I hear there, I'd starve to death spiritually.

It's not enough. I need to be in church, with Beth & the kids,
listening to & learning from someone else's preaching.

--
Sent from my mobile device


Perry L. Stepp, Ph.D.

Vice President for Academic Affairs
Leader, Quality Enhancement Plan Team
Associate Professor, Bible and Theology

Kentucky Christian University

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home