Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Learning to Trust

It's strange to write these words. I've been a believer all my life, and I've always known that God could and did provide. I've seen it in my own life, time and again.

Still, I had a moment this afternoon that brought tears to my eyes, as I saw how God is AGAIN providing for us at just the right time.

With the vehicle problems we've been having (read the last four or five entries to see the whole sordid story), this month has been--well--a little tough for us financially. Add to that the fact that I haven't had consistent income from preaching since I finished an interim ministry on 1 July, and things have felt a little strained, financially.

Yet when I sat down this afternoon with the checkbook and the bills spreadsheet, I realized that I could still pay all the bills for July. There isn't $$ for anything else, but there'll be just enough to get us through. Which, when you think about it, is pretty amazing.

I keep thinking about the Israelites, and how God gave them daily bread, just enough manna to feed them for today, and more on the way tomorrow. I guess I've been having a "manna moment," myself.

God is indeed good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home