Friday, January 07, 2005

Boring stuff about who I am

Let me introduce myself.

I'm a professor of Biblical Studies at Kentucky Christian University. My name is Perry L. Stepp--I won't tell you what the L stands for, let's just say "it ain't good."

I have a Ph.D. from Baylor University in New Testament, and teach mostly New Testament studies, since that's my area of specialization. For my dissertation, I studied the way leadership was passed on in the ancient world, and then applied the patterns I saw to the Pastoral Epistles (1-2 Timothy and Titus) from the New Testament, which describe the relationships between Paul and his successors.

My wife, Elizabeth, and I have been married since May 1986. We're coming up on our 19th anniversary. Wow. I love her desperately. She is my heart.

We have three wonderful children, daughters who are in Jr High and High School, and a son who is in elementary school. We also have a dog, two car payments, student loans, etc., etc.

What do I hope to do through this blog? Well, I have a lot of students and I hope this gives them a chance to interact with me outside of class. And I have an occasional deep thought, the random snippet of wisdom on topics like philosophy, religion, music, politics, etc., and this would be a place to collect those, allow for some critique and rebuttal, etc.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home